- Sue Fries [FREES]
(The Termite Lady)
- Owner of ECOLA
Termite & Pest Management
- Host of The Sue Fries Show on 99.5 KKLA
About Sue Fries
“This book is an invaluable asset to help anyone with asthma to take back their life.”
– Dr. Natalie A. Nevins, /CEO, AD+World Health Corp.
“This important book elegantly records for us the effect of asthma on the patient and family. I highly recommend this book for patients, parents, and professionals.”
– Chris Landon MD FAAP, FCCP, CMD, Director of Pediatrics Ventura County Medical Center; Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics, University of Southern California School of Medicine; Department of Pediatric Pulmonology, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles.
“Essential reading… Heartrending, thrilling, and richly informative, Sue Fries’ journey to save her son from asthma will inspire you to be more heroic in your own life.”
– J. Rentilly, MensHealth.com
“As a mother who has raised an asthmatic child, as well as someone who has lost a loved one to respiratory distress, I know firsthand the sheer terror of what most take for granted: God’s gift of breath. In Learning to Breathe, Susan Fries singlehandedly confronts the battle against poor indoor air quality. In her quest to save her own son, she acquires a life-long mission: a better way to live, a better way to breathe. Quite simply, Ms. Fries life story is inspirational.”
– Kim Gosselin, author, The ABCs of Asthma
“Learning to Breathe is a heart-felt and thought-provoking journey of a family’s quest for answers to a son’s asthmatic condition. The author’s search and eventual discoveries provide us with a compass for navigating through the morass of medical jargon about this nearly-epidemic condition.”
– Dr. Case Adams, author of Asthma Solved Naturally: The Surprising Underlying Causes and Hundreds of Natural Strategies to Beat Asthma
Sue talks about what it means to be a servant, and the importance of obedience through servanthood. Also in this episode, Sue shares how to overcome challenges in life and what can be learned through those tough times.
Sue continues her series about the biblical principles found in the popular book, How to Win Friends and Influence People, written by Dale Carnegie, nearly eighty years ago.
- 1. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your path.” - Proverbs 3:5-6
- 2. “Behold, I am doing something new! It’s already happening; don’t you recognize it? I will clear a way in the desert. I will make rivers on dry land.” - Isaiah 43:19
- 3.”Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” - Philippians 4:6
- 4. “Faith without works is dead.” - James 2:26
- 5. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” - Joshua 1:9
- 6. “As I think in my heart, so am I.” - Proverbs 23:7
- 7. “God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love and sound mind.” - 2 Timothy 1:7
- 8. “But these things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day.” - Habakkuk 2:3
- 9. “Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding;” - Proverbs 3:13
- 10. “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” - John 16:33
Sue discusses the term “Return On Investment,” or ROI, and how this applies to our relationship with God and others. Sue also continues her series about the biblical principles found in the popular book, How to Win Friends and Influence People, written by Dale Carnegie, nearly eighty years ago.
Sue discusses the biblical principles to the popular book, How to Win Friends and Influence People, written by Dale Carnegie, nearly eighty years ago.
Stefani Scovolo is an independent, emerging recording artist and songwriter currently living in the Los Angeles area. Stefani is currently working on her own artist project and capturing everyone with her sweet, clear voice.
Sue shares her experiences with depression and how to overcome it through prayer and scripture.
Sue discusses how important it is for us to be humble and recognize how we are truly dependent on Christ and be less dependent on our own supposed strength; it is through Him that we are made strong.
Sue discusses how expectations and reality differ, especially when we fail to communicate those expectations in relationships