- Sue Fries [FREES]
(The Termite Lady)
- Owner of ECOLA
Termite & Pest Management
- Host of The Sue Fries Show on 99.5 KKLA
About Sue Fries
“This book is an invaluable asset to help anyone with asthma to take back their life.”
– Dr. Natalie A. Nevins, /CEO, AD+World Health Corp.
“This important book elegantly records for us the effect of asthma on the patient and family. I highly recommend this book for patients, parents, and professionals.”
– Chris Landon MD FAAP, FCCP, CMD, Director of Pediatrics Ventura County Medical Center; Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics, University of Southern California School of Medicine; Department of Pediatric Pulmonology, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles.
“Essential reading… Heartrending, thrilling, and richly informative, Sue Fries’ journey to save her son from asthma will inspire you to be more heroic in your own life.”
– J. Rentilly, MensHealth.com
“As a mother who has raised an asthmatic child, as well as someone who has lost a loved one to respiratory distress, I know firsthand the sheer terror of what most take for granted: God’s gift of breath. In Learning to Breathe, Susan Fries singlehandedly confronts the battle against poor indoor air quality. In her quest to save her own son, she acquires a life-long mission: a better way to live, a better way to breathe. Quite simply, Ms. Fries life story is inspirational.”
– Kim Gosselin, author, The ABCs of Asthma
“Learning to Breathe is a heart-felt and thought-provoking journey of a family’s quest for answers to a son’s asthmatic condition. The author’s search and eventual discoveries provide us with a compass for navigating through the morass of medical jargon about this nearly-epidemic condition.”
– Dr. Case Adams, author of Asthma Solved Naturally: The Surprising Underlying Causes and Hundreds of Natural Strategies to Beat Asthma
Sue discusses the importance of gratitude and being grateful at all times, no matter what the circumstances are in your current situation.
Sue addresses an important life question that we all must answer for ourselves: Who are you?
CLICK HERE for the “Who are you” checklist
Who Are You?
A good way to begin to identify your sense of identity is to consider how you introduce yourself to strangers. What are the first things you tell them about yourself? What do you want to know about them? These questions reveal your instincts about how you define and relate to people. We can learn a great deal about ourselves by the questions we ask, or do not ask. Another question that can reveal one’s source of identity is, “How do you define success?”
- Health of key relationships
- Occupational accomplishment
- Educational advancement
- Sports allegiances
- Hobby involvement/skill
- Political stances
- Socio-economic status
- Appearance, attractiveness, attire, etc…
Who Are You? Checklist for A Portrait of Christ-Honoring Identity
For each item place a check in the blank if you can provide evidence that you regularly exhibit this attitude, behavior, or character trait. If you struggle to be able to give a fair self-assessment of an item, ask people who know you well.
- Being embarrassed does not seem like a threat to me.
- I am willing to obey/participate even when I feel inadequate.
- My actions do not change based on the people I am around.
- Failure does not dominate my thought life.
- Changing jobs or schools would not change my self-perception.
- I can be cordial to people of other political parties or sports teams.
- I have friends at various socio-economic levels.
- I get nervous around people who are beautiful.
- Rejection is not devastating to me.
- I am the same person at work/school that I am at church.
- I do not do things simply for the approval of others.
- I do not have to be complemented in order to work hard.
- My home life and public life are consistent with one another.
- I have significant anxiety when meeting new people.
- When I am not around people, I feel lost and discontent.
- Biblical categories of identity seem relevant when I am distressed.
- I naturally ask people about their religious beliefs as I get to know them.
- I am at ease even when the people around me have more education or money.
Sue discusses the differences and the importances of dependability, reliability, and trust.
A relationship where two people must listen, compromise, and respect. It’s an arrangement that requires a multitude of decisions to be made together. Listening, respecting, and compromising go a long way toward keeping peace and harmony.
A union in which two people learn from their mistakes, accept each other’s faults, and willingly adjust behaviors that need to be changed. It’s caring enough about each other to work through disappointing and hurtful times and believing in the love that brought you together in the first place.
Patience and forgiveness. It’s being open and honest, thoughtful and kind. Marriage means talking things out, making necessary changes, and forgiving each other. It’s unconditional love at its most understanding and vulnerable – love that supports, comforts, and is determined to triumph over every challenge and adversity.
Marriage is a partnership of two unique people who bring out the very best in each other and who know that even though they are wonderful as individuals… they are even better together.
- Barbara Cage
Larry Herlong teaches, amuses, and inspires audiences nationwide teaching and singing about the Love of God and the manifestation of Jesus. He answered the call of God on his life as a young adult and went through a drastic transformation which involved a ten year stretch of traveling, training, preaching, and singing at charismatic Christian churches throughout the United States.
He finally settled outside Mobile, Alabama where he founded a mission to the poor. He was known in the community as the God Father Preacher. Praise Palace was the name of his organization, which housed, fed and clothed families sent to him from the street, the city and the county. He pastored a church adjacent to the homeless mission. From there he launched a radio show, several television segments, and a number of albums singing and teaching the Word of God.
After closing the mission Larry has been teaching in small and large settings across the country. He has experienced the supernatural manifestation of Jesus and shares his experiences in the Glory of God while pointing out in scripture where these experiences are founded.
To find out more about Larry Herlong, go to his website - www.laherlong.com
“Christ in you, the hope of Glory ” (Col. 1:27)
THE WORD OF GOD SAYS:
1. God’s child, for I am born of the incorruptible seed of the WORD OF GOD which lives and abides FOREVER 1 Pet. 1:23
3. A new creature 11 Cor. 5:17
4. The temple of the Holy Spirit 1 Cor. 6:19
5. Delivered from the power of darkness and translated into God’s kingdom Col. 1:13
11. Established to the end 1 Cor. 1:8
12. Made near by the Blood of Christ Eph. 2:13
13. Victorious Rev. 21:7
14. Set free Jn. 8:31-33
16. More than a conqueror Rom. 8:37
17. Joint heirs with Christ Rom. 8:17
18. Sealed with the Holy Spirit of Promise Eph. 1:13
19. Accepted in the Beloved Eph. 1:6
20. Complete in Him Col. 2:10
21: Crucified with Christ Gal. 2:20
22. Alive with Christ Eph. 2:5
23. Free from condemnation Rom. 8:1
24. Reconciled to God 11 Cor. 5:18; Rom. 5:10
25. Qualified to share in His Inheritance Col. 1:12
26. Firmly rooted, built up, established in my faith Col. 2:7
27. Circumcised with the circumcision made without hands Col. 2:11
28. A fellow citizen with the saints and of the household of God Eph. 2:19
29. Built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the CHIEF CORNER STONE Eph. 2:20
30. In the world as He is 1 Jn. 4:17
31. Born of God and the Evil one does not touch me 1 Jn. 5:18
34. His disciple because I have love for others Jn. 13:34 – 35
35. The light of the world Matt. 5:14
36. The salt of the earth Matt. 5:13
37. The righteousness of God 11 Cor. 5:21; 1 Pet. 2:24
38. A partaker of His divine nature 11 Pet. 1:4
39. Called of God 11 Tim. 1:9
40. The first fruits among His creation James 1:18
42. An ambassador for Christ 11 Cor. 5:20
43. God’s workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works Eph. 2:10
46. Being changed into His image 11 Cor. 3:18; Phil. 1:6
49. One in Christ! Hallelujah! Jn. 17:21 – 23
51. Obtained an inheritance Eph. 1:11
53. Overcome the world 1 Jn. 5:4
56. By and in the law of the Spirit of Life in CHRIST JESUS Rom. 8:2
57. In Christ Jesus Col. 2:6
58. Do all things in Christ Jesus Phil. 4:13
59. Do even greater works than Christ Jesus Jn. 14:12
60. The Greater One in me because greater is He who is in me that he who is in the world 1 Jn. 4:4
61. Is hid with Christ in God Col. 3:3
THEREFORE, I press:
62. Toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God Phil. 3:14
63. Always triumph in Christ 11 Cor. 2:14; Rom. 8:37
64. Show forth His praise 1 Pet. 2:9
Sue discusses things that serve as obstacles that keep us from getting to God
This week Sue’s guest is Todd Jensen, the co-author of her new book, “Learning to Breathe.” Sue and Todd discuss the book, which deals with what to do when asthma attacks hit. Sue has had to deal with those in her own life, and now in her son’s life as well.
ECOLA is the Industry leader in Alternative Methods
- Electro-Gun – The Electro-Gun is a hand-held device that emits 90,000 volts of electricity in order to treat Drywood termites. The termites conduct the current because their bodies are 90% water. The electric current enters the termite tunnels and shocks them. The electric shock affects the termites by Electrocution:
- Disrupting their protozoa – Which is their digestive system, so they cannot process food, and die.
- Disrupting their communication so they attack each other
- Ecola Heat – Is a completely non-chemical process. It kills the termites and deodorizes the treated area by raising the temperature above 130 degrees (180 ambient). The process takes approximately 4 – 8 hours and does not require leaving overnight or bagging of food as fumigation does.
- Tim-Bor – A borate solution that is formulated to terminate termites and leave a very repellant residual on the wood. It not only kills the termites but also helps protect against re-infestation and will stay on the wood indefinitely. It can also help prevent against fungus.
- Bora-Care – This patented formula of glycols and borates that is lethal to termites very repellant. It allows for deep penetration into wood, providing long lasting residual protection against subterranean & drywood termites.
- Termidor (Liquid & dust) This non-repellant (which allows the termites to be infected without them knowing) solution treats termites through what is called the Transfer Effect. Termites will avoid sick termites, but with termidor, termites do not show signs of infection until about 72hrs, which allows more transferring of the infection throughout the colony as they groom each other.
- Altriset - Altriset has an excellent environmental and toxicological profile – requiring no signal word on the label. It is a non-repellant and stops the termites feeding within 3 hours. There is virtually no risk for humans or animals.
- Orange-Oil - We have had the same gallon for 7 years. If after the inspection we think it’s best, we will offer it. Orange oil is an accelerant, meaning that it can pose a great fire hazard to your property. It is also a direct contact product, meaning that it will not transfer to any termites it is not applied to. Many holes need to be drilled to apply the product.
Kathleen Cooke is founding partner & Vice President at Cooke Pictures. Kathleen is an award-winning actress and is on the advisory board for the Hollywood Prayer Network & is the director for the West Coast/Hollywood chapter of Christian Women In Media Association.