- Sue Fries [FREES]
(The Termite Lady)
- Owner of ECOLA
Termite & Pest Management
- Host of The Sue Fries Show on 99.5 KKLA
About Sue Fries
“This book is an invaluable asset to help anyone with asthma to take back their life.” — Dr. Natalie A. Nevins, /CEO, AD+World Health Corp.
“This important book elegantly records for us the effect of asthma on the patient and family. I highly recommend this book for patients, parents, and professionals.” — Chris Landon MD FAAP, FCCP, CMD, Director of Pediatrics Ventura County Medical Center; Clinical Associate Professor of Pediatrics, University of Southern California School of Medicine; Department of Pediatric Pulmonology, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles.
“Essential reading… Heartrending, thrilling, and richly informative, Sue Fries’ journey to save her son from asthma will inspire you to be more heroic in your own life.” — J. Rentilly, MensHealth.com
“As a mother who has raised an asthmatic child, as well as someone who has lost a loved one to respiratory distress, I know firsthand the sheer terror of what most take for granted: God’s gift of breath. In Learning to Breathe, Susan Fries singlehandedly confronts the battle against poor indoor air quality. In her quest to save her own son, she acquires a life-long mission: a better way to live, a better way to breathe. Quite simply, Ms. Fries life story is inspirational.” — Kim Gosselin, author, The ABCs of Asthma
“Learning to Breathe is a heart-felt and thought-provoking journey of a family’s quest for answers to a son’s asthmatic condition. The author’s search and eventual discoveries provide us with a compass for navigating through the morass of medical jargon about this nearly-epidemic condition.” — Dr. Case Adams, author of Asthma Solved Naturally: The Surprising Underlying Causes and Hundreds of Natural Strategies to Beat Asthma
Don’t let your dream home turn into a nightmare! Check out this commercial from Sue Fries a.k.a. “The Termite Lady” owner of Ecola Termite and Pest Control Management.
Bed bugs are not exclusive to inexpensive hostels. They can travel home with you in your pant hem or in your luggage, so Sue Fries, The Termite Lady from Ecola Termite & Pest Control, explains how to check for bed bugs.
There are times in our lives that change us forever, and for Maureen in September 2012, she was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer known as adenoid cystic carcinoma, or ACC. According to most medical doctors this rare cancer would only allow her five years to live, and since then Maureen has decided to live her life for Christ even more passionately than before, completely surrendering to Him and placing her life in His always capable hands.
Maureen shares her walk with God and how He has lead her “through the land of cancer” and touching the lives of others along the journey.
Available on iTunes
I CHOOSE LOVE . . .
No occasion justifies hatred;
no injustice warrants bitterness, I choose love.
Today I will love God and what God loves.
I CHOOSE JOY . . .
I will invite my God to be the God of circumstance,
I will refuse the temptation to be cynical . . .
the tool of the lazy thinker. I will refuse to see
people as anything less than human beings, created by God.
I will refuse to see any problem as anything less than
an opportunity to see God.
I CHOOSE PEACE . . .
I will live forgiven, I will forgive so that I may live.
I CHOOSE PATIENCE . . .
I will overlook the inconveniences of the world. Instead of
cursing the one who takes my place, I’ll invite him to do so.
Rather than complain that the wait is too long,
I will thank God for a moment to pray. Instead of clinching my fist
at new assignments, I will face them with joy and courage.
I CHOOSE KINDNESS . . .
I will be kind to the poor, for they are alone.
Kind to the rich, for they are afraid. And kind to the unkind
for such is how God has treated me.
I CHOOSE GOODNESS . . .
I will go without a dollar before
I take a dishonest one. I will be overlooked before I will boast,
I will confess before I will accuse. I choose goodness.
I CHOOSE FAITHFULNESS . . .
Today I will keep my promises,
My debtors will not regret their trust. My associates will not
question my word. My wife will not question my love.
And my children will never fear that
their father will not come home.
I CHOOSE GENTLENESS . . .
Nothing is won by force. I choose to be gentle.
If I raise my voice may it be only in praise.
If I clench my fist, may it be only in prayer.
If I make a demand, may it be only of myself.
I CHOOSE SELF-CONTROL . . .
I am a spiritual being . . .
After this body is dead, my spirit will soar.
I refuse to let what will rot, rule the eternal.
I choose self-control. I will be drunk only by joy.
I will be impassioned only by my faith.
I will be influenced only by God.
I will be taught only by Christ.
I choose self-control.
Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,
Goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.
To these I commit my day.
If I succeed, I will give thanks.
If I fail, I will seek His grace.
And then, when this day is done,
I will place my head on my pillow and rest.
Eliminate These Words : Say These Instead
I can’t I can
If only I will
I don’t think I know
I don’t have the time I will make the time
I’m afraid I’m confident
I don’t believe I’m sure
- Phil 4:13, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
- 1John 5:4, I am born of God and I have world overcoming faith residing on the inside of me.
- Col. 3:15, I let the peace of God rule my heart and I refuse to worry about anything.
- Eph 6:17 …and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
- Prove 3:5 &6, Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.
- Isa 54:17, No weapon formed against me shall prosper and every tongue formed against me shall be condemned, my righteousness is of the Lord.
- Phil 4:6&7, Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Rev 12:11, I am an overcomer and I overcome by the blood of the lamb and the word of my testimony. 1John 4:4, Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.
- James 4:7, I am submitted to God and the devil flees from me because I resist him in the name of Jesus.
- Psa 46:1, God is my refuge and strength He is my well proven help in the time of trouble.
- Rom 8:37, No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
- 2Cor. 10:5 …and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
- 1. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your path.” – Proverbs 3:5-6
- 2. “Behold, I am doing something new! It’s already happening; don’t you recognize it? I will clear a way in the desert. I will make rivers on dry land.” – Isaiah 43:19
- 3.”Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” – Philippians 4:6
- 4. “Faith without works is dead.” – James 2:26
- 5. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9
- 6. “As I think in my heart, so am I.” – Proverbs 23:7
- 7. “God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love and sound mind.” – 2 Timothy 1:7
- 8. “But these things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, do not despair, for these things will surely come to pass. Just be patient! They will not be overdue a single day.” – Habakkuk 2:3
- 9. “Happy is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding;” – Proverbs 3:13
- 10. “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” – John 16:33
One Woman’s Heroic Journey to Save Her Child’s Life, and Yours
Shaken by the near death of her 4-year-old son, Tyson, when he suffered his first asthma attack, author Sue Fries journeys into understanding the breathing condition that affects tens of millions of Americans annually. Her research on asthma has yielded little-known causes and cures as well as tips for staying healthy. Also known as the Termite Lady, Fries is the Southern California–based owner of Ecola Services, an organic termite- and pest-control business, and is also a former director and chairwoman of the Pest Control Operators of California. She has a passion for educating the public on how to eliminate life-threatening allergens.
Who Are You?
A good way to begin to identify your sense of identity is to consider how you introduce yourself to strangers. What are the first things you tell them about yourself? What do you want to know about them? These questions reveal your instincts about how you define and relate to people. We can learn a great deal about ourselves by the questions we ask, or do not ask. Another question that can reveal one’s source of identity is, “How do you define success?”
- Health of key relationships
- Occupational accomplishment
- Educational advancement
- Sports allegiances
- Hobby involvement/skill
- Political stances
- Socio-economic status
- Appearance, attractiveness, attire, etc…
Who Are You? Checklist for A Portrait of Christ-Honoring Identity
For each item place a check in the blank if you can provide evidence that you regularly exhibit this attitude, behavior, or character trait. If you struggle to be able to give a fair self-assessment of an item, ask people who know you well.
- Being embarrassed does not seem like a threat to me.
- I am willing to obey/participate even when I feel inadequate.
- My actions do not change based on the people I am around.
- Failure does not dominate my thought life.
- Changing jobs or schools would not change my self-perception.
- I can be cordial to people of other political parties or sports teams.
- I have friends at various socio-economic levels.
- I get nervous around people who are beautiful.
- Rejection is not devastating to me.
- I am the same person at work/school that I am at church.
- I do not do things simply for the approval of others.
- I do not have to be complemented in order to work hard.
- My home life and public life are consistent with one another.
- I have significant anxiety when meeting new people.
- When I am not around people, I feel lost and discontent.
- Biblical categories of identity seem relevant when I am distressed.
- I naturally ask people about their religious beliefs as I get to know them.
- I am at ease even when the people around me have more education or money.
“Christ in you, the hope of Glory ” (Col. 1:27)
THE WORD OF GOD SAYS:
1. God’s child, for I am born of the incorruptible seed of the WORD OF GOD which lives and abides FOREVER 1 Pet. 1:23
3. A new creature 11 Cor. 5:17
4. The temple of the Holy Spirit 1 Cor. 6:19
5. Delivered from the power of darkness and translated into God’s kingdom Col. 1:13
11. Established to the end 1 Cor. 1:8
12. Made near by the Blood of Christ Eph. 2:13
13. Victorious Rev. 21:7
14. Set free Jn. 8:31-33
16. More than a conqueror Rom. 8:37
17. Joint heirs with Christ Rom. 8:17
18. Sealed with the Holy Spirit of Promise Eph. 1:13
19. Accepted in the Beloved Eph. 1:6
20. Complete in Him Col. 2:10
21: Crucified with Christ Gal. 2:20
22. Alive with Christ Eph. 2:5
23. Free from condemnation Rom. 8:1
24. Reconciled to God 11 Cor. 5:18; Rom. 5:10
25. Qualified to share in His Inheritance Col. 1:12
26. Firmly rooted, built up, established in my faith Col. 2:7
27. Circumcised with the circumcision made without hands Col. 2:11
28. A fellow citizen with the saints and of the household of God Eph. 2:19
29. Built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the CHIEF CORNER STONE Eph. 2:20
30. In the world as He is 1 Jn. 4:17
31. Born of God and the Evil one does not touch me 1 Jn. 5:18
34. His disciple because I have love for others Jn. 13:34 – 35
35. The light of the world Matt. 5:14
36. The salt of the earth Matt. 5:13
37. The righteousness of God 11 Cor. 5:21; 1 Pet. 2:24
38. A partaker of His divine nature 11 Pet. 1:4
39. Called of God 11 Tim. 1:9
40. The first fruits among His creation James 1:18
42. An ambassador for Christ 11 Cor. 5:20
43. God’s workmanship created in Christ Jesus for good works Eph. 2:10
46. Being changed into His image 11 Cor. 3:18; Phil. 1:6
49. One in Christ! Hallelujah! Jn. 17:21 – 23
51. Obtained an inheritance Eph. 1:11
53. Overcome the world 1 Jn. 5:4
56. By and in the law of the Spirit of Life in CHRIST JESUS Rom. 8:2
57. In Christ Jesus Col. 2:6
58. Do all things in Christ Jesus Phil. 4:13
59. Do even greater works than Christ Jesus Jn. 14:12
60. The Greater One in me because greater is He who is in me that he who is in the world 1 Jn. 4:4
61. Is hid with Christ in God Col. 3:3
THEREFORE, I press:
62. Toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God Phil. 3:14
63. Always triumph in Christ 11 Cor. 2:14; Rom. 8:37
64. Show forth His praise 1 Pet. 2:9
Kelli McKay talks to Sue about her new book “LEARNING TO BREATHE: One Woman’s Heroic Journey to Save Her Son’s Life, and Yours”
I lift my sister up to You, the one who wants it, who wants it maybe worse than her next breath. Maybe she’s so desperate for it she does not know what to do. Maybe it’s for the one, Lord, who thinks she is just fine and doesn’t even know how much she is looking for a miracle. Lord, whatever it takes, do it, and I pray in Your name, all powerful, all glorious God, the Creator and sustainer of heaven and earth, the One who loves us, calls us and graces us, He who can do no wrong and for whom nothing is impossible. With everything in me, this day I intercede for my sister, present Your beloved daughter.
Set your love so steadfast upon her that she feels the beautiful weightiness of it. Stir up in her an unexplainable hunger for your presence and for Your Word. Be her prize, possession and portion, Lord Jesus. Awaken anything that has died unnecessarily in her. Grant her tenderness toward you and compassion toward others. Pluck out, by the deepest roots, anything in her life that You Yourself did not plant. Make Yourself noticeable to her and oh God, make Yourself noticeable through her. Build her into a remarkable servant that impacts her entire family line. And when Your ways are hidden from her, flood her with peace. Right now, Lord, even right now, go into the depths of darkness within her and dispel any hatred buried there. Bring her to a radical agreement with You over all her resistance, all her bitterness and all claims to entitlement. Empower her to forsake her unforgiveness. I’ll say it again, Lord, empower her to forsake her unforgiveness and to present every grudge and every destructive self-comfort. Rise up in her a furry of spiritual giftedness and enable her to do what is verifiably impossible for her. Grant hergrace divine and true humility in serving others, to let go of every prejudice and fleshly partiality. Whether or not she is gifted to speak or teach, grant her the supernatural option to clearly communicate Christ. Touch her lips, even now, with coals from Your alter. Sanctify her to carry the gospel into her sphere of influence. Give her eyes to see the invisible and the sacred in the simple. Infuse her with a strong sense of purpose and an undaunted appreciation of adventure. Make her intolerant of any area of personal bondage and make her urgent about the freedom. Be her Everloving Defender and Deliverer. If she’s in a desert, bloom something stunning and obvious there. If she’s drowning, Lord, plant the soles of her feet on the surface of the water. If she’s cold hearted, crack the shell around her, shelter her and set her free to love. Reveal to her the roots of her fears and give her courage to forsake it. Astonish her with the freedom that is not of this world. Jesus, make her living proof, blow her safe wide open.
In closing, Lord, I speak Your glorious name over her in all praise and authority and caring. I speak Jesus over her spirit. I speak Jesus over her heart. I speak Jesus over her mind. I speak Jesus over her physical body. In obedience to Your Word, I have prayed by faith and my willing sister has received by faith and as You accomplish Your divine works, according to Your will and to Your purposeful timing, make her acutely aware that it is You and You’ve called her to make her boast in You alone, and called her with much abasement to behold the miracle within and say, “who is this you are making me?, who is in this body of mine?” In Jesus wonderful name and matchless authority. Somebody say amen!
Appearing on nationally syndicated America Now, Sue Fries, owner of Ecola Termite and Pest Control Management, is featured in an expose of the troublesome cockroach. Carriers of disease, parasites and generally a homeowners nightmare the cockroach, especially the fast multiplying German Cockroach, is becoming more and more resistant to chemical pesticides. In the America Now segment Sue Fries explains how Ecola utilizes botanicals which are made up of naturally occurring oils and compounds found in nature. If you have roaches or suspect that you do click on the video and listen to advice from a true expert, Sue Fries a.k.a “The Termite Lady” of Ecola Termite and Pest Control Management