by Gary Hoffman
Author of Don’t Give Up!
Men On The Edge (MOTE) www.menontheedge.org
1) Need to have alone time with God.
Matt. 7:24 (NIV) Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.
2) Pray for wisdom and clarity in the situation.
James 1:23 (NIV) But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it–he will be blessed in what he does.
3) Let go of control, giving God his problem.
Psalm 46:10 (NIV) Be still, and know that I am God…
4) Stay under God’s umbrella (be disciplined to God’s ways).
Rom. 6:11-14 (NIV) In the same way, count yourself dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instrument of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God…
5) Accountability to others is key (stay in the light, being transparent).
Proverbs 27:17 (NIV) As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
6) Humble yourself to God and others in the situation.
1 Peter 5:5-6 (NIV) All of you, clothe yourself with humility towards one another, because, “ God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.”
7) Stop and wait expectantly (stop, watch, and wait on God).
Matt. 7:7 (NIV) Ask and it will be given to you, seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
8) Trust in God (Bible has over 7,000 promises).
Heb. 11:6 (NIV) And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
(by Mike Murdock The Leadership Secrets of Jesus)
****Your greatest mistakes will happen because of impatience.****
****Patience is the weapon that forces deception to reveal itself.****
****Know Jesus was never in a hurry. ****